Under Construction

Adventures in Home Ownership

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Flowers


Happy belated Valentine's Day to you all! Last night, Liz and I went out to our local Buca to celebrate the day-of-love at the Vegas incarnation of the place we had our rehearsal dinner. Good times, but we feel like the garlic mashed potatoes have gotten gradually less garlicky over the years. Still good... just less garlicky.

And, of course, I brought Liz home a dozen roses on Thursday. They proved a handy subject for me to experiment on with my new camera. Although we've had a little Fuji point-and-shoot digital camera for a couple of years, these last few days have been my first real experiment with the power of a digital SLR. Once I figured out how to get the white balance corrected for indoor shooting, I got some nice results. Check them out above.

I'm really excited about the new toy and the possibility of sharing some images as time goes by... so look for a photoblog from yours truly later on this spring. Until then, keep your eyes glued to this blog to track my re-entry into serious amateur photography.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger The G's said...

oooh, nice picture!

We're actually looking at getting a DSLR as well. *fingers crossed* C'mon IRS, big tax return!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home