Under Construction

Adventures in Home Ownership

Sunday, December 07, 2008

You win some...

This afternoon's approved Holiday Activity was: Make a Christmas Card Picture. Liz was convinced we needed to have the cats involved (especially since our last Christmas picture with Lyra was such a hit), and it was her dearest wish that both Lyra and Bertie would be in the same shot at the same time. The first time through, it worked:


The second time through, I made it back to the couch just in time for Lyra to hiss at Bertie and run away, leaving me dejected and humiliated, my despair captured for posterity by the unremitting single eye of the camera:


We ended up choosing a different picture all together, but it just goes to show you that working with animals is the pits. As Tim Rice so aptly put it: "Animals, actors; two kinds of hell."

4 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Bisons said...

Both pictures are adorable--can't wait to see the one you actually chose for your Christmas photo!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Tiffany's Epiphanies said...

Good idea! We should try that, however, there are two of us and 3 kitties! I don't think we would be able to hold them all down AND take a decent picture. Ha ha. It was good to see you guys, glad you could come over for the chili cook-off.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Fabulous pictures, both of them! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Hopefully I will see you soon. I have some dates for us to get together on a Friday after school for Jan, Feb, & Mar. I will let you know.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Tiffany's Epiphanies said...

Tag you're it, check out my blog to play along!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home