Under Construction

Adventures in Home Ownership

Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Higher Place -- Part I The Master Bedroom!

So here it is. Your tour of our new home, the Emerald. We'll start our tour in a unique place -- the Master Bedroom. I figure that's where we'll start our every day in the Emerald, so it'll make a great place to start the tour. The tour should take you point by point through the house. I think it's pretty well laid out, and perhaps it shows that I'm a little bit bored with all this time on my hands during the summer, but like a wise man once said, "Only the boring get bored." So, in an attempt to not be either bored or boring, I have set up this step by step tour of the model of our new home! Here's the disclaimer -- the place will obviously not look quite so crazy and gaudy and space age and decorated as it does in this model. Our home will be much more modest and ladylike. :) This also helps to explain why some of the rooms might look smaller than they appear in the pictures. Every piece of furniture used in this model is like a huge, larger than life BIG BIG BIG version of our more tasteful smaller furniture.
Here we go!
So we see the master bedroom. It is nice.


This is the view if you turn to your left. I love the indented shelves on either side of the window...very lovely. Sadly, our chaise lounge is on order, and won't be arriving for several more years. I don't know what I'll do if I have to faint before it arrives...
Then turning to the left again we see...


The master bathroom! It has two sinks, which you'll see on closer inspection in a moment, a HUGE closet, a garden tub with a little window above it (the window actually ISN'T in the model, but it will be in our house!) and a toilet ghetto.


Like I said, two sinks.
That's the tub on the right, and to the right of the tub is the toilet ghetto, not pictured here.


And then our massive closet to the left of the sinks. Looking at this picture, it really doesn't look massive at all. You'll have to take my word for it -- it will hold all of our hanging clothes with room to spare, which is really saying something.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home